Pokemon-Scarlet-And-Violet-Starter-Evolution
Games

How to evolve all new Pokémon in Scarlet & Violet - Quick Guide

, by @javikolog

Quick summary of how to evolve all new Pokémon in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, as well as how to obtain and/or change the new forms.

Gen IX evolution lines and methods

  • Sprigatito ➡️ Floragato (Lv16) ➡️ Meowscarada (Lv36)

  • Fuecoco ➡️ Crocalor (Lv16) ➡️ Skeleridge (Lv36)

  • Quaxly ➡️ Quaxwell (Lv16) ➡️ Quaquaval (Lv36)

  • Lechonk ➡️ Oinkologne (Lv18)

  • Dunsparce ➡️ Dudunsparce (Level-Up after learning Hyper Drill @ Lv32)

    • Two-Segment Form: 99% chance

    • Three-Segment Form: 1% chance

  • Tarountula ➡️ Spidops (Lv15)

  • Nymble ➡️ Lokix (Lv24)

  • Rellor ➡️ Rabsca (Walk 1,000 steps outside the Pokéball in Let's Go mode, then Level-Up)

  • Greavard ➡️ Houndstone (Lv30 at night)

  • Flittle ➡️ Espathra (Lv35)

  • Girafarig ➡️ Farigiraf (Level-Up after learning Twin Beam @ Lv32)

  • Wiglett ➡️ Wugtrio (Lv26)

  • Finizen ➡️ Palafin (Win a battle or Level-Up while using the Union Circle with another player(s))

  • Smoliv ➡️ Dolliv (Lv25) ➡️ Arboliva (Lv35)

  • Capsakid ➡️ Scovillain (use Fire Stone)

  • Tadbulb ➡️ Bellibolt (use Thunder Stone)

  • Varoom ➡️ Revavroom (Lv43)

  • Tandemaus ➡️ Maushold (evolves at a random level after Lv25)

    • Family of Four Form: 99% chance

    • Family of Three Form: 1% chance

  • Cetoddle ➡️ Cetitan (use Ice Stone)

  • Frigibax ➡️ Arctibax (Lv35) ➡️ Baxcalibur (Lv54)

  • Pawmi ➡️ Pawmo (Lv18) ➡️ Pawmot (Walk 1,000 steps outside the Pokéball in Let's Go mode, then Level-Up)

  • Wattrel ➡️ Kilowattrel (Lv25)

  • Nacli ➡️ Naclstack (Lv24) ➡️ Garganacl (Lv38)

  • Glimmet ➡️ Glimmora (Lv35)

  • Shroodle ➡️ Grafaiai (Lv28)

  • Fidough ➡️ Dachsbun (Lv26)

  • Maschiff ➡️ Mabosstiff (Lv30)

  • Bramblin ➡️ Brambleghast (Walk 1,000 steps outside the Pokéball in Let's Go mode, then Level-Up)

  • Gimmighoul - Chest Form ➡️ Gholdengo (Level-Up after collecting 999 Gimmighoul coins)

  • Tinkatink ➡️ Tinkatuff (Lv24) ➡️ Tinkaton (Lv38)

  • Charcadet:

    • ➡️ Armarouge (use Auspicious Armor)

    • ➡️ Ceruledge (use Malicious Armor)

  • Toedscool ➡️ Toedscruel (Lv30)

  • Bisharp ➡️ Kingambit // This one is trickier:

    • Defeat 3 Bisharp that are leading a group of Pawniards.

    • All 3 wild Bisharp have to hold the item "Leader's Crest". Your Bisharp doesn't need to hold it.

    • To find them easier in Paldea, go to the woods next to the Pokémon Center of the Fighting Team Star area in the north.

    • Finally, Level-Up.

  • Paldean Wooper ➡️ Clodsire (Lv20)

  • Primeape ➡️ Annihilape (Level-Up after using "Rage Fist" 20 or more times)

New evolution methods of Pokémon from past generations

  • Crabrawler ➡️ Crabominable (use Ice Stone)

  • Kubfu ➡️ Urshifu

    • Single Strike Style (use Scroll of Darkness)

    • Rapid Strike Style (use Scroll of Waters)

Gen IX Pokémon that don't evolve:

  • Dondozo, Veluza, Orthworm, Tatsugiri, Cyclizar, Bombirdier, Squawkabilly, Flamigo, Klawf.

  • Past Paradox: Great Tusk, Brute Bonnet, Sandy Shocks, Scream Tail, Flutter Mane, Slither Wing, Roaring Moon.

  • Future Paradox: Iron Treads, Iron Moth, Iron Hands, Iron Jugulis, Iron Thorns, Iron Bundle, Iron Valiant.

  • Legendaries: Ting-Lu, Chien-Pao, Wo-Chien, Chi-Yu, Koraidon, Miraidon.

Another thing that Paradox Pokémon have in common is that they cannot breed.

What could prevent your Pokémon to evolve?

  • Unmet criteria

  • Level-up via Auto Battles

  • Holding an Ever Stone

Gen IX Pokémon form changes

  • Paldean Tauros:

    • Has 3 alternate forms that can be found in the wild: Combat Breed, Blaze Breed (Scarlet only) and Aqua Breed (Violet only)

    • They are not interchangeable

    • You will find Combat Breed form most of the time, the other 2 appear from time to time in hordes and are difficult to spot at first sight.

  • Palafin:

    • It has 2 alternate forms

    • Default form is Zero form and it is almost identical to it's pre-evolution Finizen.

    • It changes to Hero form after switching out in battle. It has much higher stats.

  • Dudunsparce:

    • It has 2 alternate forms: Two-Segment and Three-Segment

    • They are purely cosmetic, except for height and weight changes

    • They are decided on evolution

    • Two-Segment has 99% chance, Three-Segment only 1%

    • They are not interchangeable

  • Maushold:

    • It has 2 forms: Family of Three and Family of Four

    • They are purely cosmetic, except for height and weight changes

    • They are decided on evolution

    • Family of Four has 99% chance, Family of Three only 1%

    • They are not interchangeable

  • Tatsugiri:

    • It has 3 forms (color and skin pattern changes)

    • All forms can be found in the wild

    • They are not interchangeable

    • The ability effects change depending on the form

  • Squawkabilly:

    • It has 4 purely cosmetic forms (feather color changes)

    • All forms can be found in the wild

    • They are not interchangeable

Rotom: After you obtain the Rotom Catalog, you can change Rotom's form as in previous games.

scarlet-violet